People and animals can form strong bonds
Bonding with our animal friends
People and animals can develop a wonderful bond together which can be both mutually beneficial and powerful.
The human-animal bond is an old and established one, over 12,000 years ago we started inviting animals into our homes.
Building positive relationships between people and animals is essential to the health and well-being for both. A common link with animal companionship is that it can help lower death rates and help improve long-term health and bring joy and happiness into our lives.
Being a responsible animal guardian helps to build bonds with our animal companions. Bringing a companion animal into your life can help reduce stress, anxiety and can help to reduce loneliness and isolation.
Dogs, cats, and other companion animals have become an integral part of our everyday lives, and the relationship that exists between humans and animals has become known as the human-animal bond.
Good health is essential for any animal and keeping them well and happy is also an important part of bringing an animal into your life.
Here are a few ideas on bonding with animal companions:
- Adopt your pet from your local animal rescue center
- Spend time with them, give them a routine for food and regular exercise
- Just like humans, animals can get bored too, to help you bond encourage them to play
- The more time you can spend with your companion helps to strengthen the bond between you both
- Understand your animal, learn about their health and behavior
- Any concerns or questions about your companion, always seek help and advice from your local veterinary surgery
Join our mailing list for up to date news about our work