Donating items to rescue shelters makes a difference
Animal rescue shelters will often need extra supplies, like towels and blankets, bedding, food bowls, newspaper, and toys, for their residents. Why not donate some items to your local rescue
Why not donate some items to your local rescue centre and help make a difference. Often their stocks will run low, especially in the wet and cold weather.
Many animal rescue shelters need extra supplies and items.
There are so many ways you can help animals by helping at your local animal rescue shelter. You could volunteer and donate your time as many places need volunteers to help them. Consider giving some much-needed items or supplies, for their animal residents. Donating items can make a huge difference to the animals and for the people who run the shelter.
Contact your local shelter or rescue group to see if they have a wish list.
Here are just a few examples of the kind of items you could donate.
- Towels and blankets – these are always needed, to help keep animals warm and dry.
- Food – with so many animals to feed, donating some tins or dried food can help make a difference.
- Toys – donating some pre-loved or new toys for the animals would be a lovely way to encourage exercise and playtime.
- Litter – shelters will often need bags of litter every day, so donating some would be a great way to help them.
- Newspaper – why not collect some newspapers and donate them, they can help with litter trays and lining the bottom of cages.
- Food bowls – donating bowls can really help shelters, especially if they are ceramic.