Dogs can get stung by wasp and bees

Watch of for wasps and bee stings

What to do if your dog is stung by a bee or wasp.

Going for walks outdoors with our beloved animal companion friends can be glorious. But be aware that sometimes dogs can be stung by bees and wasps.

If your canine friend gets bitten the important thing is to act calm but fast.
Wrap some ice in a towel and put it where ton the sting an ice and fast. Wrap some ice cubes in a towel and place on where the sting is to help reduce the swelling and their pain and it should help to reduce the swelling.
But be careful and stay vigilant as your dog may have an allergic reaction so watch them very closely.

Sometimes insect stings can cause some pain or irritation however, some can be fatal. With an allergy the symptoms can progress rapidly so look out for signs like;

• Problems with their breathing
• Drooling
• Collapse
• Swelling
• Cold limbs
• Depression
• Diarrhoea
• convulsions Try to avoid letting them chase bees and buzzing insects because if they get stung in their mouth this can be more dangerous as their airway can become blocked and effect their breathing
Always seek immediate vet help if you are worried or concerned in anyway.

If they show any signs of an allergic reaction or even anaphylactic shock, contact your vet immediately as this would be a medical emergency.